One day you’re going to look back on your life and you’re going to have to answer to your performance. For those working in corporate think about it like a “360 degree appraisal” – with yourself.
Here are my 10 tips to ensure you’re properly prepared for your “review”:
- Make at least three people smile every day.
- Remember that what other people think of you, is none of your business.
- Spend at least 10 minutes in silence each day.
- Everything bad, and everything good will pass. Accept both for what they are.
- Spend some time with people under the age of 6, and over the age of 70.
- Set goals that are bigger than you think you’re able to achieve.
- Don’t compare yourself to others – you have no idea what their journey is about.
- Life is too short to procrastinate. If you want something, do it now. If you miss someone, call them now. If you want to see somewhere, go now.
- Your happiness is not a luxury. It’s your right. It’s also YOUR choice.
- Turn off the TV and read a book, or go for a walk.